Full of Stitches

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Soup, It’s What’s For Breakfast

Working through our vegetable pile. So far, we've made Squash and Sun Dried Tomato Soup and Peppers With Almonds.. hold the almonds, we were out (Nourishing Traditions, p.222 and p. 395) - Both were delicious! And, last night I filled the crockpot with my own version of Harvest Sausage and Vegetable Casserole (from a Betty Crocker 'Slow Cooker Meals' booklet, dated 'Display until Jan 2006). I had a keilbasa in the freezer and those veggies sitting there..

I sliced up the potatoes into 1-inch slices (next time, I think I'll just cube them so there's less work to feed the children in the morning). There weren't any onions, so I just used the dried minced onions and shook in maybe a handful (the recipe called for 2 medium onions, I aimed for max of 1/2 a cup). Chopped up the sausage and put the rest of the chicken stock from the fridge into the pot. Um.. no carrots or cabbage... skipped it.. Haven't the Italian dressing - mental note to make some, though I'd already forgotten that until I just reread the recipe - and forgot to add the Dijon.. Ah, tomatoes, I chopped up 3 or so tomatoes, and could have added a sweet pepper, but didn't. Then grabbed another cup of chicken stock from the freezer since the stock in the fridge didn't cover everything.

This morning, we had soup for breakfast. And, it was good.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home