Full of Stitches

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Under the Needle

I finally got to the dentist yesterday. It's been a while.. Last time was in Colorado.. That last time, I was given a high-fluoride toothpaste which made me ill, then we moved out of the country.

So, now it's time to settle in and see the 'damage' that being without a dentist has done over the last 5 years. More than anything, the 'milk makes me sick' thing (low calcium intake) mixed with nursing and pregnancy has begun leeching a little calcium from my teeth. Thankfully, my wonderful friend with a cow introduced me to raw real milk and I can drink that fine! (Dentist reaction: "Is that safe?" Me: "If you make sure the source is clean and sanitary!")

I'm missing a filling, a second is half gone, and a third 'doesn't look so good' (and is amalgam). So, I will be getting a little work.

I mentioned the fluoride making me sick to the dentist and that I'd been researching a little and heard of a product called Recaldent that is supposed to heal through calcium and phosphate replacement. She was interested and just called me back today to tell me she found a product with no fluoride that she can order called MI Paste. That combined with my new water-pick should help as I change my diet towards more nutrient-dense foods!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home