Full of Stitches

Tuesday, August 01, 2023

Band Blunder

 I moved down, as suggested, from 32E to 32D. Suddenly, the band does not fit. Is it the elastic? I need to check it against the other band still to verify, but I later made another version and had the same larger band issue. This may be why Liz Sews also preferred a smaller band in her videos. I picked out the stitches for the bottom band, but still need to shorten the back band. I did try it on as best as possible, and it doesn’t fit me quite right.

I did point out to Ruhee of Ruby’s patterns Sunday during a fitting call that I had noticed a 2-inch difference between the 34 and 32 back bands of the bra, was it E or F? There should be at most an inch per side (half of the two inch difference between sizes). I received an update July 31, 2023, so I’m pretty sure she fixed that. 

So, I remembered that LilypaDesigns has a projection increase blog post. The newest version that I mentioned has that increase in it. I moved the bottom of the center front seam of the 32D by 1/4 inch per side (half inch total), smoothing it to the notch. Instead of taking the same amount out of the cradle (bowls, Ruhee calls them), and figuring all that out, I switched out both band pieces for the 32C bra. As mentioned, the band was still oddly too loose, but the cups were a bit saggy? I still need to pinch out some excess fabric in the outer cup…

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home