Full of Stitches

Monday, January 26, 2009

MissC’s Gift

img wwdollkit

I purchased the Kit, Chloe & Louise pattern from Wee Wonderfuls to make up for MissC's birthday. She's been 'helping' me along the way! From stitching the legs on (she wasn't as interested in the arms) to sewing the hair on -then using the little arms to pat and show off the doll's hair! I hope I tacked down the hair well enough, I'm sure we'll find out soon.

I used Pink Chalk's tutorial to help hide the ends of the eyes, nose, mouth and heart. The last french knot freckle just didn't want to stay surfaced, so she has 5 1/2 freckles :) . Her eyes are blue, hair is "Pumpkin" (Lion Brand wool, we'll see how well that washes!), and she has a little letter "C" in her heart (just in case I need to remember whose doll belongs to whom). I've cut the Chloe dress (finished, but for snaps; in photo) and the Louise shirt from one Fat Quarter, and the Kit dress is done (except for snaps/hook&eye & embroidery) from two matching fabrics.

img wwdollkit

I'll run her through the wash tonight and see how she comes out! MissC will meet her when she wakes!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home